Thursday, February 20, 2014

French Country Window Ideas



We are still in the framing stage of building, and therefore we are getting close to ordering our windows.  So as I am doing some final research and getting inspiration, I wanted to share some of the pictures with you.  

This image below has several French country building elements I will be using in our new home.  The wooden painted shutters, the iron Juliet balcony, which we have coming off our master bedroom, and the windows/french door styles.  





This picture below is an authentic french home, showing again, beautiful divided light windows and french doors with intimate balconies.  




Here is a terrific example of a French Country window.  There's a petite flower box sitting on a window ledge, along with the typical board and batten wood painted shutters. 



One area we decided to change, was the window above the tub in the "hers" bathroom.  The original designed called for another arched window, which I love, but being that it was located on the side of the house, and I knew I wanted more privacy for my bathtub, I knew this was a place we could save some money.  When you are building a home, you want to try and save money any way you can, without changes the integrity of the home design you are building, and in my case - French country design.  Here is an example of a window I found instead, that costs less money, just because it is not an arched window.  I love the diamond pattern of the divided light design.  This bathroom is nothing like mine will be, but the window design is.  We simply made it a large square window, as you see here, and used a frosted diamond divided light pattern for aesthetics and privacy.  I cannot wait to see how that looks in my new bathroom.  Just imagine... white marble, crystal lighting and shades of pale aqua - you get the picture.  Bathroom style is a whole other blog post in and of itself though. :)





Today's French Country Cozy:

I'm doing another french food idea today, as it is something we all love right?  Today I wanted to share another quick and easy tip for making a french appetizer/snack.  I love baked brie.  You can make it different ways, but my go to version is to just take puffed pastry, some fruit preserves and a whole brie - rind and all.  Spread the fruit on the top of the brie, wrap it all together, and bake at 350 until your pastry is browning.  The brie will be bubbly and soft.  You can serve it on a platter with crackers, apples, grapes, etc.  

Si delicieux! (So delicious!)

Wishing you a blessed life!

No comments:

Post a Comment